I’m Rainna, I love Subway just as equally as I love art. I grew up in Wasilla watching dragon ball with my mother. All the anime I watched as a child shaped the beginning of my love of drawing characters. My anime art style developed and matured with me as I grew into the person I am today, and I’m assuming it will continue to grow as I grow. I’m a shy reserved person, until you get to know me then you can hardly get me to shut up. I like to talk and I could talk about anything and everything or nothing at all and just blabber. I find it to be a skill to just be able to talk. I’m shy but would like to get out of the small box I’ve created for myself and let go of the shyness. Being an art major has pushed me to be out there more and not worry about being shy and just being me, which may I add is a weird and fun individual.

 

                                                             The burning giraffe by Salvadi or Dal

      

    Drawing became a sweet escape from reality to me when I entered high school. I drew to create life with my characters, and live vicariously through their made-up experiences. As I got older, I learned techniques and appreciation for fine art in galleries. I started going to the First Fridays in Anchorage and talking to other artists about their work. I liked talking to the artists about their work and inspiration more than I liked reading about it in museums. I always feel inspired and motivated to create after seeing brilliant artists expressing their opinions and making a difference with their art.



Comments

  1. Aw go you, get you're art out there with confidence because it really is fantastic work ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. First Fridays are an excellent opportunity to talk with artists. They welcome it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rainna, I've passed through Wasilla many times going to and from Anchorage since I live in the Fairbanks area and hopefully they windstorm there recently didn't affect you too much. I think anime is cool but I've never watched much of it, I just copied the quotes that some of my friends would say all the time. I've had several friends that are shy like you and find drawing as an escape and they manage to create some of the greatest pieces of art I've ever seen. I'm sure it's no different with you either, keep up the good work and follow that passion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rainna, reading through your blog allowed me to see a few similarities with your journey through art. However, instead of drawing to escape my reality it was storytelling. I would sit down for hours plotting out the lives and adventures of these characters I wished I could be. Then at some point it became less about escape and more about wanting to see where I could take them. I also find it inspiring that even though you are shy by nature that you have broken through that barrier by going out to meet other artists. It isn't an easy thing to do and it deserves praise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rainna, it sounds like we have a lot in common. I too live in Wasilla, Alaska. I have three nieces that are obsessed with anime. Shelby the youngest has this really cool drawing pad that has just made her art come alive. Lauren who is now an adult was such a great young artist that she actually designed one of my logos for one of my businesses. Felicia, my oldest niece attended art school for two years in Portland. She really refined her talent in just two years and actually has a website. I wish you great joy in the years to come with your art.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

French mental health though painting in the 1800